13th - 19th January 2018
|Making progress !|
|Starting on the heat insulation|
|Firewall heat shield|
|Passenger side heat shield|
|Rubber in wheel arch|
After two very productive days on Monday and Tuesday, on Wednesday Steve was unable to come to
|5 stud drums & 4 stud hubs !!|
|Front brakes fitted up|
It turned out that because we upgraded to wider 2 1/4 inch front brakes which came from a later
|Front steering installed|
|Fuel filter and pumps|
|Installing pedal box|
Around the rear axle we started installing all the steel brake rods (which as mentioned needed cutting and rewelding to fit) and the Panhard Rod - Again due to the later axle, this also had to be modified to fit. All these minor irritations were slowing us down and frustrating us, especially in light of the front hub issue. Andrew then moved to installing his revised pedal and clutch assembly which he had made up some weeks ago from scratch, and eventually he got that all installed and working.
|Making brake lines|
Steve and I have also spent this week planning our work on the wiring, and ordering the parts we will
|Planning the wiring|
|Possible small indicators|
We got the dash into place temporarily to work out where we will mount everything, and even got the new steering wheel in place briefly - Looking good !
Overall, despite the guys being off work on Wednesday, we got a lot done this week. We can complete the wiring and everything else next week, except for the front hubs ! We need to sort that out as quickly as possible ! In the meantime we will concentrate on everything else.
Remainder of the pics are here :- https://photos.app.goo.gl/E8c5v1d3p4g2zrk42