22nd - 28th July 2017
Finally we start to see everything moving forward !
New inner sill in place
After all the delays working on the driver's side caused by the panels all being out of alignment due to a previous accident. CCC finally managed to move on to work on the passenger side this week, and as expected everything has moved a lot quicker. I have been busy working on cleaning up a lot of the parts removed from the car earlier in order to see if they were still usable, so I have not been over to CCC workshops all week. So it was a pleasant surprise to walk in there today.
The painstaking work of try to get the driver's side correct continues.
However it should be remembered that Classic Car Clinic have many other jobs, so unfortunately they cannot spend all their time on our car every day ! Nevertheless, it is good to see the door shutting properly now, and the sill in place. It is almost time to move over to the passenger side, which should move along a lot more quickly not only because they can copy the driver's side measurements, but also because it has not been accident damaged like the driver's side. In the meantime I had other things to keep me busy !
19th July 2017
Buying parts, and fixing body problems
Andrew at work on the bodywork
Now I am back from my trip, I find that things haven't moved quite as fast as I expected in my absence. Unfortunately, every time they dug a little deeper, they found more issues, which unfortunately is often the case with a 63 year old car ! The photos in the previous posts tell the story - Now it is more a question of trying to save what we can, and then get the panels to line up again once the prior accident damage in the side and rear has been fixed. Luckily, in Mark and Andrew at Classic Car Clinic, we have got two of the best, and while it is painstaking work, I am starting to get a warm feeling inside about it all !!
I know I should have known that things would not be all that they seemed.....
When we left off last week, Mark and his team had systematically stripped the car's back end, including removing the rear skin to correct the results of a rear-end shunt; well, this is how it was looking at the start of the week...