Or am I supposed to be a Navigator ?
|The wiring loom again|
|Cotter pin passes trough too far to tighten|
|The offending cotter pin|
|Old corroded connector|
|Cleaned up connector|
|Original brake pedal|
|Cleaned up brake pedal|
|Possible oil storage in tubes ?|
|Bottom of new pax door|
|Fitting up front wing panel|
|Poor condition of driver's door|
|Wiring loom in sections|
|Dashboard being cleaned|
|Corroded witch terminals|
|Clean switch terminals|
|Different sized bulbs|
I then pulled Ashton's original spotlights apart in an effort to find a more efficient candle that would fit inside them to make them worthwhile carrying all around the world - Only to find that they are so slimline that there is no room to fit an H4 bulb in there. So I am going to have to put my Purchasing Manager hat back on and go and find what is available that might improve their efficiency.
|Rubber joint cushioning|
|Fixing up trim panels|
So that was the week - Waiting on parts from the UK, and then doing 101 other seemingly small things, both on the car and off it, without which many of the other things cannot proceed. It seems very simple before you start on it - Just put this bit on or move that bit, but each piece of the puzzle has to be done in its turn, or else it has to be removed again later ! And I have also realised that putting the car back together often takes far longer than taking it apart ! A quick blow with a hammer or turn of a spanner had a piece off the car, but putting it back together is so much more time consuming, especially when you are trying to ensure that it won't fall apart again in the Gobi !
But it is coming together, and it is really exciting to make all this move forwards to completion.
Rest of the pics are here :- https://photos.app.goo.gl/t7dLJzALps3pTkTm1