Driving a 1954 Austin-Healey 100/4 from Peking to Paris in the June 2019 ERA Rally.

Sunday 26 May 2019

0087 In China ,

Sunday 26th May 2019
Sitting in Beijing

Well, after 10 days of being unable to access my blog (or much else) due to internet access problems around the country, I suddenly find I am able to get in and let your all know what is happening.

I have been on a 10 day tour of China while waiting for the start of he P2P.   Shanghai, then a 4 day cruise on the Yangtze through the 3 Gorges dam area which is amazing,   Then to Chengdu to see the Pandas, Xi’an to see he Terracotta Army, and finally up to Beijing where we have been seeing the sights and climbing the Great Wall for the past couple of days.  We even did 431 km/hr on a Maglev train in Shanghai - now THAT was fast !    Now we have 3 days of R&R (these tours are exhausting !) before Ashton arrives tomorrow night, and then we pick up the cars from the port on Friday.

In the meantime I am trying to find a store that sells WD-40 etc !   Trouble is that the traffic here really is atrocious - The sheer volume of it means that it can take hours just to travel a very short distance, so finding the right store first time is kind of important ,

Anyway, all is good and on schedule, and I am just glad to find I can get on here, so hopefully I will be able to get back to post up our progress over the coming days !  Now to see if I can get photos up as well.

1 comment:

Ashton & Giles welcome any visitors, support, and comments as we prepare for our Adventure !